Monday, March 5, 2012

Step By Step: Swirls and Dotted Flowers

This is a Step By Step tutorial on the swirls and dotted flowers design I did the other day.

Things you'll need:
  • Nail Polish - base colour - Nicole by OPI It Starts With You
  • Nail Polish - pink colour - Nicole by OPI Play Fair
  • Nail Polish - silver colour - Nicole by OPI Positive Energy
  • Konad Nail Art Pen - White - alternately you can use a dotting tool and white polish
  • Konad Nail Art Pen - Black - alternately you can use a dotting tool and black polish
  • Nail Art Brush
  • Top coat - Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat
  • Pad of paper/ Paper towelling

  
Step 1: Apply your base coat and then however many coats of your chosen base colour. I used Nicole by OPI It Starts With Me as my base colour for this design.


Step 2: Then I freehanded an accent across the tips of my nails in pink. I used Nicole by OPI Play Fair. If your hands are very shaky you can use scotch tape to make the accent.



Step 3: Then using the nail art brush draw two swirls across the top of the nail downwards in the same pink. Again I used Nicole by OPI Play Fair.



Step 4: Then in the opposite direction heading up the nail draw two swirls in a your base colour in the opposite direction. I used Nicole by OPI It Starts With Me.



Step 5: Then using the nail art brush and a silver polish draw two swirls across the middle of the swirls of the previous two colours - the pink and silver. I used Nicole by OPI Positive Energy.



Step 6: Next using either a black nail art pen or a dotting tool and black nail polish apply a dot to the bottom corner opposite the accent and swirls. I used Konad Nail Art Pen in black.



Step 7: Then using either a white nail art pen or a dotting tool and white nail polish draw five dots around the black dot to form the flower. I used Konad Nail Art Pen in white.




Step 8: Again using the white nail art pen draw a swirl made up of five dots in one direction on one side of the flower and then the same design in the opposite direction on the other side.


 

Step 9: Finally clean up any mess you made and then add a top coat. I used Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat.


 There you have it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the freebie image it is beautiful, This is my first challenge here too nice art Debenhams Discount Code

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)