Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Zoya Minka

I was after a nude nail polish so I chose Zoya Minka from the Touch collection. Minka is a light beige creme, a nude like the other polishes in the Touch collection.

I used a single coat of OPI Nail Hardener for my base. I was surprised because I had quite a few problems with the application of this one. Zoya polishes usually apply like a dream but this one was a bit on the thick side and very difficult to apply evenly over the nail :( I struggled along, applying two coats, because I didn't have time to try again or pick a different colour. Finally I added a coat of Seche Vite top coat to finish it off.

These photos were taken in artificial light and you can see the pearl finish :)

Zoya Minka in Artificial Light
Zoya Minka in Artificial Light
I was lazy and took these photos in natural light a few days later.

Zoya Minka in Natural Light
Zoya Minka in Natural Light
 Although this is primarily a creme it has a subtle shimmer/pearl finish to it that is easy to overlook. This colour was a great beige but since I have such pale skin it seemed like liquid foundation painted onto my nails but in a colour too dark for my skin tone. I like this colour but I'm still searching for the perfect "nude" shade for me :)

4 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a nude color too. But I can't seem to find one I like. But this is a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The search continues for the elusive perfect nude shade :)

      Delete
  2. I hear ya girls, aren't we all searching for that elusive perfect nude? At the moment I have OPI Dulce de Leche on and on my fair skin it looks nice, so this is at the top right now. Still Minka is really pretty, mabey use it with stamping or a gradient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it takes a nail polish enthusiast to understand the epic search for your perfect nude polish :)

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)