Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Autumn Leaves

Since we are supposed to be in Autumn (anyone else still dealing with high temperatures? O_o) I got the idea in my head to do some Autumn leaves on my previous manicure. It was the picture below from Konad Stamping Nail Art that inspired my design, of course my nails are NOWHERE near THAT long!!

Konad Design from KONAD
So with that in mind I scoured through my Konad plates until I found the design I wanted to use. I used the leaf designs on Konad plate M20.

Konad plate M20 Image from ICNA

I only stamped half the design on each nail alternating either the big leaf or the small leaf. Then I moved onto the next colour and again alternated which leaf I used. I kept doing this with a new colour until there was no room left - so there are fewer colours on y pinkie compared to my thumb. All up I used Konad Special Polish Gold, Yellow, Blue, Light Grey, Dark Purple, Gold Brown and Green for each successive leaf. Lastly I used Konad Special Top Coat to seal my design.

So what did it end up looking like...

      Left Hand
Autumn Leaves in Artificial Light - Left Hand
Autumn Leaves in Artificial Light - Left Hand
Autumn Leaves in Shade/Natural Light - Left Hand
Unfortunately it was overcast the following day so I have no photos in full sunlight.

    Right Hand
Autumn Leaves in Artificial Light - Right Hand
Autumn Leaves in Artificial Light - Right Hand
Autumn Leaves in Shade/Natural Light - Right Hand
I'm happy with how this turned out :) I wanted it to have multicoloured leaves on the brown background and that's exactly how it looks. I also found it useful to see which colours turned up on the brown for when I want to stamp on similar dark colours. My pad of paper had a large amount of mess left over after stamping so many times!!

8 comments:

  1. that looks gorgeous! Bring on autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Love all the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wasn't sure about the blue to begin with but it grew on me :)

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! I so love this leaf pattern! Do you know you have the word verification on? My poor eyes can't see the letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The leaf pattern is one of my favourite too :) Whoops nope I didn't know I had word verification on sorry :( It annoys me too! I tried to take it off so hopefully it's gone now O_o

      Delete
  4. This is such a super super pretty mani! I love the leaf design and the colour scheme you used here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I'm happy you like the colours :)

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)