Monday, April 2, 2012

Khaki Green with Matte Flakies

I decided to mix up my China Glaze Westside Warrior manicure by adding flakies! So I added a single coat of Australis Speck-tacular. To level it out I added a coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat.

This was my manicure with the top coat, taken in artificial light.
 
China Glaze Westside Warrior and Australis Speck-tacular with top coat in Artificial Light

As was my original intention, I then added a coat of Essie Matte About You. Then I took these photos in artificial light also.
China Glaze Westside Warrior and Australis Speck-tacular with Essie Mate About You in Artificial Light
China Glaze Westside Warrior and Australis Speck-tacular with Essie Mate About You in Artificial Light
Then I took these photos in the sunlight the following day
China Glaze Westside Warrior and Australis Speck-tacular with Essie Mate About You in Natural Light

China Glaze Westside Warrior and Australis Speck-tacular with Essie Mate About You in Natural Light

And a single lonely photo in the shade :)

China Glaze Westside Warrior and Australis Speck-tacular with Essie Mate About You in the Shade
This was the first time I have applied a matte top coat to flakie and I like it! It gives such a unique manicure and the flakies are still just as gorgeous.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! First time I've tried flakies and matte top coat and I love it :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful combination! Love it!

    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award! :)

    Check it out:
    http://polished-paradise-nails.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this combo too! So happy it worked out :) Thanks for the award!

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)