Friday, April 20, 2012

Nails Inc. Whitehall (Pic Heavy)

After swatching the China Glaze Magnetix collection I wanted to try a magnetic polish from a different brand and the beautiful blue colour of Nails Inc. Whitehall was calling :)

Magnet

The nail polish comes with a wave magnet so you don't have to purchase it separately like you do with China Glaze Magnetix collection. The cap comes off separating the nail polish from the magnet.
 
 
Instructions

There are instructions on the cap for using the magnetic polish:
  • Firstly, remove any oil from your nails by cleaning your nails with nail polish remover.
  • Then take off the over-cap which contains the magnet. You will find that there is an inner cap that you can use to apply the magnetic polish.
  • Then apply one coat of your base coat.
  • Follow with one coat of your chosen magnetic polish on all 10 nails and leave to dry for a few minutes.
  • Then create the magnetic effect, one nail at a time.
  • Apply a generous coat of magnetic polish to one nail and immediately hold the cap that contains the magnet, over the nail.
  • There is a small lip on the cap which should be placed just below your cuticle allowing the magnet to be positioned perfectly over your nail.
  • Hold very close to the nail but take care not to touch the nail with the magnet.
  • Hold the magnet for 10-15 seconds and move away to reveal the stunning effect.
  • Repeat on all 10 nails.
  • After a few minutes, apply one coat of top coat to seal in your nail design and to create an ultra glossy, salon finish


I apply magnetic polishes the same as the instructions as above! I applied a base coat of Revlon Calcium Gel Nail Hardener. I applied two coats of Whitehall, one as a base coat and then with the second one I applied the wave magnet for 15 seconds.  I don't think Whitehall liked my base coat because immediately after applying it began balding and since it dried so quickly when I tried to "fill in' the gaps it would sometimes pull *argh*. So that was my only annoyance and again it wasn't the polish but my base coat :( I then added a nice coat of Seche Vite. I did notice some "settling" occurring after I applied my magnet.


The following photos are in artificial light.

         Left Hand
Nails Inc Whitehall in Artificial Light - Left Hand
Nails Inc Whitehall in Artificial Light - Left Hand
Nails Inc Whitehall in Artificial Light - Left Hand
         Right Hand - hehe what happened to my ring finger O.o

Nails Inc Whitehall in Artificial Light - Right Hand
Nails Inc Whitehall in Artificial Light - Right Hand
Nails Inc Whitehall in Artificial Light - Right Hand
I don't have any pictures in natural light since it's been overcast and raining :( So I will have to remember to take them when I wear this again - which I definitely will soon!!!

OMG I am so in love with this polish!! This polish is just amazing. I keep moving my nails around as they have an awesome 3D effect depending on how the light is hitting them!

6 comments:

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)