Saturday, April 28, 2012

Summer Dotting!

I finally got around to trying one of the many, many, many bookmarked nail designs that I wanted to attempt. First up, I wanted to try this dotting design from Nail Polish Wars. I was using my previous manicure for my base colour and chose corresponding summery colours.

I used the largest of my five dotting tool and added drops randomly along one side of each nail in China Glaze Poinsettia and China Glaze Peachy Keen. Then I moved down one size in my dotting tools and used China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, again placing random dots along the same side. Again, I moved down another size in my dotting tools and added dots with the others in China Glaze Oh How Street It Is and Color Club I Always Get My Mandarin. Lastly, I used China Glaze Lemon Fizz using a smaller dotting tool again. Then I sealed it off with Sally Hansen Mega Shine.

Unfortunately, I only have photos in artificial light because it was raining the next few days when I was wearing this :(

Summer Dotting in Artificial Light
Summer Dotting in Artificial Light
Summer Dotting in Artificial Light
Summer Dotting in Artificial Light
I absolutely love how this turned out! I was a bit worried when I started because Poinsettia and How Street It Is didn't really show up extremely well again Style Wars but I think it worked out well. I decided to overlap each dot and I like how it worked. I would definitely try this again and would like to try this without overlapping the dots to see how it turns out!

Well I'm off to see the Avengers! Oh and if you could let me know if the word verification is off now? I tried to remove it but I'm not sure if it worked. Thanks!

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love these colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! The dots almost look like glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy with how the dots turned out :)

      Delete
  3. That looks like falling autumn leaves :) Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and yay word verification is off! My eyes struggle with those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! So glad it's gone, it drives me nuts when I have to decipher them :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't know red/orange/yellow dots would look so good but I didn't want to take it off :)

      Delete
  6. I think it looks great - really fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the color combo, really perfect for this season!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm in love with orange at the moment :)

      Delete
  8. I love this dotticure it is so springy
    and you have beautiful nails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks that's what I was going for :) Hehe I keep my nails longer by not opening ANYTHING lol!

      Delete
  9. This mani is so amazing! Inspires me to try my hand at using some dotting tools :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Definitely give dotting tools a go, they're so easy to use and spice up a manicure :)

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)