Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ulta3 Cocoa

I was changing my nail colour and wanted to match it to a gorgeous dress I was wearing. So that's how I came to choose Ulta3 Cocoa from the Metallic Crush collection. I've shown you swatches of this colour and I loved the gorgeous metallic brown then and I love it now!

I applied a base coat of Revlon Calcium Gel Nail Hardener. This base coat disagrees with several of my polishes and Cocoa was no exception >.< I applied two coats because the first coat did the same 'balding' that I've experienced with other polishes using this base coat. I find Cocoa easy to apply just keep the brush straight! I know that others don't like this collection because they find them too frosty, showing all the brush strokes, but I love them! I finished it off with a coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat.

So onto the pretty pictures!

Ulta3 Cocoa in Artificial Light
Ulta3 Cocoa in Artificial Light
 Then the following morning I took these.

Ulta3 Cocoa in Natural Light
Ulta3 Cocoa in the Shade
Cocoa is such a gorgeous reddish brown metallic! This colour matched my dress perfectly. The thing I loved most was how quickly it dried between layers since it was rather late at night when I finally got around to painting my nails!

12 comments:

  1. Cocoa is my favourite of the collection, but my application's not as good. Well done on the non-strokiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite too!! Maybe the formula on mine is just less streaky?

      Delete
  2. Hi!

    Just wondering if you would like to participate in this http://sgnails.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/glitter-me-up-friday.html ??

    ~Shaina

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make this look amazing. I love the colour but it just looked so streaky on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I found the others in this collection to be more streaky than Cocoa.

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)