Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ulta3 Lemon Tart

Up next was another from the Ulta3 Gelato collection, this time the yellow creme. Lemon Tart is again a muted yellow creme, not quite a pastel but close.

I applied a coat of Revlon Calcium Gel Nail Hardener as a base coat. Then I applied four - yes FOUR!! - coats of Lemon Tart. Let me just say this polish was one PITA! Argh each layer was streaky and for the last two coats I added much thicker coats in an attempt to finally make it opaque. Application was crazy it was too thick and kept coming out streaky and had the same thick brush that I have encountered from other polishes in the Gelato collection. Then finished with a generous coat of Seche Vite to level out the polish.

So onto the pictures:

Ulta3 Lemon Tart in Artificial Light

Ulta3 Lemon Tart in Natural Light

 
Ulta3 Lemon Tart in Shade
So I like the colour but I HATE the formula on this. The formula on this one was so bad that I think I'll keep it to use in nail art only since I really don't have the patience to do four coats each time.

6 comments:

  1. I have this too and found the formula to be foul too! Looks really nice on you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! Why is it always yellows with the terrible formulas?

      Delete
  3. It such a nice color.......
    It is so hard to find a nice pastel yellow that isn't a pain to put on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I think I have two other yellows which are quite streaky also :(

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)