Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Share The Blogging Love

I just wanted to do a quick post today about leaving comments. Feel free to close the browser window...NOW :)

So I would often find myself reading posts and looking at the pictures and think 'pretty' or 'gorgeous' and then close the window down. I realised it would only take me an extra moment or two to comment, even if it was just to write one word.  I think it is important because it at least lets the blogger know that their hard work is appreciated.

So I ask two things:
  1. BLOGGERS: Please, oh please, remove Word Verification/Captcha!!! Many followers, myself included, have difficulty reading those stupid distorted words and it really does take quite a bit of time to fill in. Not to mention I get crazy frustrated if it doesn't work the first time >.< If you're not sure if you have Word Verification on just ask your followers to leave you a comment letting you know. I thought I had it off but a lovely reader let me know that it was on and I immediately went to work finding out how to remove it (which was really simple)!
  2. READERS: Please take a moment to write a comment on blog posts that you read. Even if you find yourself thinking 'cute', 'lovely' or 'pretty', that at least let's the blogger know that someone read and appreciated their post. I'm sure they're not expecting you to wax poetic about their nail painting ability :P I understand that many of you are extremely busy and don't have the time which is why I'm asking that if you have a second free, please leave a comment even if it's just a one word response :)
I think it's important to share the blogging love by taking the time to leave a comment on any post you enjoyed. I know I appreciate it when readers leave comments on my blog so I am endeavouring to do the same :) Well that's my random ramblings for the day!

26 comments:

  1. Agreed! I hate the Captcha. Especially the one you can't read Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Captcha is evil, absolutely evil! And what's with the new number images O.o I swear half the time it seems blank!

      Delete
  2. You inspired me to take off the Captcha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I'm pretty new to blogging, so I feel weirdly shy about commenting. But now I'm not going to hold back! hehe Thanks :) Now I'm going to go and check my comment settings....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was exactly the same! I was following blogs for over 6 months before I stopped feeling shy and decided to comment. Now it's like second nature to me. Many amazing people comment on my blog and I try to return the favour because I know I love it :) I say go crazy commenting XD

      Delete
  4. Totally agree about the captcha. And I will take it one board about leaving a comment on people's posts, even if it is just one word. I often visit sites and think "nice" or "pretty", you are so right that these bloggers deserve the comment for their efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are plenty of readers who have those simple one word responses but don't think to comment because it would be so short. I don't know about others but I appreciate all comments :)

      Delete
  5. Oooh, good post..I think I might have had a captcha (I hate, hate, hate them). I've adjusted my setting..hope it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Captcha is a tricky little fella to discover!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think it's important that the blogger knows people appreciate all the hard work they put in simply because they want to share something they are so passionate about!

      Delete
  7. Totally agree with all that is said! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Glad my crazy ramblings aren't that crazy :P

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Though I'm definitely not the most eloquent person out there hehe :P

      Delete
  9. Agreed with this completely! One note though, I don't always respond to comments on my blog and the only reason is that I don't expect people to come back to that post and their comment to check since google doesn't notify them *glare at Google* Now, I usually try to go back to posts I comment on one or two days later, but that seems tedious you know? I don't want to put that on someone else even if I don't mind doing that. What do you think of that? I will totally come back to check for a response ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you think of that situation, I meant. Before it sort of sounded like a challenge haha Oops :P

      Delete
    2. Haha I understood what you meant :P I personally don't mind if a blogger doesn't respond to my comment and I don't expect them to since they may have a large amount of comments or be very busy or any number of other things. I like to reply to comments left on my blog so that I know I have read them and to let the them know that I appreciate the time the they took to read my blog post and leave a comment :)

      To me you write a blog to share your thoughts/experiences with other people and leaving a comment is a nice way to let them know someone is reading :)

      I too wish that Google would send an update to let you know if someone replied to your comment *you hear that Google???* - not where it lets you know when anyone leaves a comment on the same blog post *shudder* my poor inbox! That would make things much easier!

      Delete
    3. I think the way you are looking at it makes the most sense. Thanks for the input :D

      And no, I totally do not need to know when I COMMENT ON MY OWN BLOG, GOOGLE!! >.<

      Delete
    4. Haha I know don't you love that! Google lets you know when you comment on your own blog but not on other peoples O.o

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you! I was worried this post wouldn't come across the way I had intend but all these comments make me so glad that it did :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for being one of the rare commenters on my blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally agreed! I really do appreciate your comments on my blog. And while I have Captcha turned off (I check all the time to make sure it is), I'm considering turning off approval so if readers want to interact, they don't have to wait on me to approve their comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I swear the quality of the Captcha pictures is getting worse and worse O.o I don't use approval but I can see people using it if they have lots of people spamming their comments with links!

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)